Originally initiated in 1988 and last amended by the Residents Scheme Regulations, 2004, the Maltese Global Residence Programme provides tax and other incentives for foreigners to take up residence in the European Islands of Malta.
With the support of the legal and tax professionals at Chetcuti Cauchi Advocates, our Private Clients Unit has assisted a considerable number of EU and non-EU nationals seeking a sunny European residence base with a truly European culture and safe way of life.
Life-style Benefits of Maltese Residence Permits
- A pleasant climate and a hospitable English-speaking people.
- A peaceful and safe way of life & high standard of living.
- A rich cultural and historical heritage.
- Freedom of movement into & out of Malta.
- No minimum stay requirement.
- Easy repatriation of capital & income out of Malta.
- Excellent & safe banking centre with the presence of major international banks
- Excellent access by Sea and the Malta International Airport
Tax Benefits of Malta Residence Permits
- A flat rate of 15% tax only on income received in Malta;
- No tax payable on a world-wide income not received in Malta.
- Favourable, tax-friendly procedure for moving your possessions to Malta.
- No property / land taxes imposed in Malta.
- No death duties payable in Malta.
- No remittance requirements
- A highly respected jurisdiction for incorporating low-tax companies
- Favourable double-taxation agreements with key countries.
Conditions for Maltese Residence Permits
- Acquisition or rental of property in Malta;
- Minimum annual tax per family of Eur15,000.
- A clean criminal record (save minor/traffic offences)
Our Malta Residence Services
- Professional assistance with the Immigration process including handling of residence application;
- Assistance with personal tax registration and tax compliance in Malta;
- Location of residential property on sale or for rental in Malta;
- Legal assistance with property acquisition/rental;
- Private Banking and mortgage assistance;
- The services of our Notary Public;
- Tax planning advice.
- Corporate Relocation Services
- Other relocation assistance.
Related Pages: Malta Citizenship
For more detailed information, please contact our Private Clients Unit.